Update Vendor Information and Access
As a New York State vendor, you must ensure your business information is accurate and up to date with the Office of the New York State Comptroller (OSC). You have the option to do so online 24/7 through the Vendor Self-Service Portal or manually by mailing in forms AC-3326-S or AC-3327-S, which can take up to eight weeks to process. Additionally, you can create and manage Vendor Self-Service user log-ins for others in your company, allowing those users to access your vendor’s information.
Add or Update Locations
We added a new feature in the Vendor Portal in SFS to make it easier for you to specify how you want New York State to transact business with you. You are now able to manage your vendor locations through the Vendor Self-Service Portal, which is a portion of your vendor record that contains information specifying how you want to do with business with State agencies, including:
- bank accounts for electronic payments (ACH),
- email addresses for delivery of purchase orders, and
- discount terms you wish to offer to the State.
It is important that you give descriptive names to the locations in your vendor record to ensure State agencies select the correct one for their purchases or payments.
Example 1: Your company has offices in Albany and Buffalo, both of which handle their own payments and receive their own purchase orders.
- Create a vendor location on your vendor record called “Albany” and include the bank account for direct deposit, and an email address for purchase orders specific to that Albany office.
- Create second vendor location called “Buffalo” and include a different bank account for direct deposit, a different email address for purchase orders for that office, and indicate you will provide a 2 percent discount if the State pays your invoices within 15 days. This enables you to receive purchase orders sooner at the correct office, and receive faster payments directly into the appropriate bank account.
Example 2: Your company sells both equipment and maintenance agreements and wants purchase orders for each sent to different email addresses, but all payments sent to one bank account.
- Create a vendor location on your vendor record called “Maintenance” and include the bank account for payments and an email address for purchase orders specific to maintenance.
- Create second vendor location called “Equipment” and include the same bank account and a different email address for purchase orders specific to equipment.
SFS sets up all vendors with an initial vendor location for which payments will be made via check. Locations added after the initial setup will all be configured for payments to be made via ACH.
Update Address and Contact Information
Maintain address and contact information by logging in to the Vendor Portal in SFS. You can both update and add addresses and contacts through the Vendor Portal. Your changes will take effect immediately.
Please note that you can’t update the default remittance address or change the primary contact through the Vendor Portal. Instead, you must file the paper form AC-3326-S to update the default remittance address and the paper form AC-3327-S to change the primary contact. Updates made to primary contact information, where the primary contact will remain the same, can still be made through the Vendor Portal (for example, updating a title due to a promotion, phone information due to a move).
Update Vendor Name
Complete and mail both forms below:
Update Business Structure
If your business acquires or merges with an existing New York State vendor or dissolves, you must notify OSC by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add or Update Vendor Self-Service User Roles
While creating Vendor Self-Service user log-ins for others in your company, you have two role options to choose from: Administrator and Guest. This enables you to give those user log-ins the appropriate level of access.
1. The Primary Contact/Administrator is able to:
- designate guest roles for other employees to log into the account
- add and update addresses and contacts, including the primary contact
- add and update vendor banking information for ACH payments
- add and update vendor locations
- view financial information
2. The Guest is able to:
- add and update addresses and contacts
- view financial information
For step-by-step online instructions, select the “help” link once you have logged into the Vendor Portal and select the appropriate topic. If any further assistance is needed, please contact the help desk at HelpDesk@sfs.ny.gov or (855) 233-8363.