Reporting Unclaimed Funds To New York State
Banks, insurance companies, corporations and the courts are among the many organizations required by law to report dormant accounts to the State Comptroller. To help, the Comptroller’s Office of Unclaimed Funds provides an instructional handbook, issues annual reminders and updates, and conducts periodic meetings.
Below are reporting materials you can download or print. To have the materials mailed to you, fill out the Office of Unclaimed Funds Request for Reporting Materials form and fax it to (518) 270-2220.
For questions, email the Reports Processing Unit.
Reminders and Notifications
- Banking Institution Notification - 8/1/2014
- Security Delivery Instructions
- Safe Deposit Box reporting instructions
- Insurance regulation
- Annual reminder letter
- Abandoned Property Law
- National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA)
- Voluntary Compliance Program
- Holder Education webinar modules on demand - Coming Soon!