Skip to Content

Login    Subscribe    Site Index    Contact Us   google translate

Collateral Loan/Pawn Brokers


Pawn brokers, also known as collateral loan brokers, are required by law to file several forms with the Office of the State Comptroller. See the table below.

Business Type





Collateral Loan Broker’s Registration Statement

File before doing business



Collateral Loan Broker’s Supplemental Registration Statement

File for change in partners, principals, officers or location


New & Established

Unclaimed Property Forms

See Handbook for Reporting Unclaimed Funds


Reporting Unclaimed Property and Sales
Pawn brokers, or collateral loan brokers, must report unclaimed property and sales—property and money that customers haven’t returned to claim. For help, use our instructional handbook with forms and instructions for reporting abandoned property. For more information, visit Reporting Unclaimed Funds to the State.

Official Compilation Codes, Rules and Regulations of the State of New York
Office of the State Comptroller Rules and Regulations
Collateral Loan Broker's Registration Statement (new filing)
Collateral Loan Broker's Supplemental Registration Statement (personnel change)